In most areas the N900 supports the ability to start typing to automatically search for the relevant content. For example on the homescreen you can starting typing the name of a contact to see it appear without having to goto the contacts application, the same in Conversations and the Application Manager.
The one place that the N900 does not do this is the menu, and if you have a lot of applications installed searching for the one that you are looking for quickly becomes a pain. Enter App Search Widget by Nicolai Hess that lets you search for the relevant app right from the desktop.
- The widget is the size of a normal app icon and can be placed anywhere on the homescreen, you can even place it on each homescreen for fast access.
- A simple tap brings up a list of the apps installed. You can start typing to filter apps or simply scroll and select the one you are looking for.
- Once you have your app, a single tap on it launches it. Simple.
This is definitely one of the most useful apps in the Maemo Repositories and I suggest you go ahead and download now.If you enjoyed this, you might also like:
- Cotchin! Is The Best Way To Check-In From The N900
- Irreco Widget Lets You Control Your TV From The N900′s Homescreen
- A Replacement For The Inbuilt Calendar Widget Is Here & Its Awesome
- How To Block Unwanted Callers On The N900
- Demo Of Enna Media Center On The N900