VoIP meeting held on Google Hangout.
– Randall Arnold / texrat
– Tim Samoff / timsamoff
– Ivan Galvez / ivgalvez
– Robert Bauer/ SD69
– Craig Woodward (intermittent) / woody14619
Hildon Foundation, Meeting 1 – November 3, 2012
– Technical Issues persisted via Google Hangout: only Randy, Ivan and
Tim had voice capability. Others participated via chat.
+ Public Meeting Minutes?
– Tim: Yes
– Randy: Some private; some public
– Ivan: Are they required?
– Rob: n/a
– Craig: They should be public, with exceptions of critical
+ Bylaws, version 7
– Bylaws unanimously approved by all Board members.
+ Board Officers
– Chair: Randall Arnold
– Secretary: Robert Bauer
– Treasurer: Currently, Tim Samoff
> Proposed to ask Cosimo Kroll/zehjotkah to occupy this role.
~ Cosimo has agreed to take the position and will be appointed
at the next Board meeting.)
+ Bank account?
– Find out about bank account (ask Niel Nielsen/nieldk).
+ Meeting schedule
– VoiP every two weeks?
– IRC meetings (Board Business) every two weeks & VoiP meetings
(Official Board Meetings) monthly?
– Will schedule regular meetings on Google Calendar (which will also
create a permanent Hangout for the Board).
+ Transitioning tasks from Council to Board. Separation of current
– Ensure Council remains communication conduit for community.
– Board organizes operational decisions.
– Board needs an official statement for Board responsibility with
> Ask Craig Woodward about maemo.org channel(s) of Board
~ After the meeting, Ivan asked X-Fade to set up the same
mechanism that Council is using for communication. In the
meantime, Council account can be used.
+ Funding activities:
– Nothing to report at this time.
+ Private session concerning some NDA-protected issues (recorded
+ Infrastructure problems:
– To be discussed via email.
+ Meeting concluded.