#Meeting called to start June 1 @18:06 UTC
Summary of items to be discussed introduced by chair:
- IRC bouncers
- Councils inaugurating blog entry
- CA Awards
- Q&A for packages
- Misc and sidebar returns
- Council interested in having connect-through logging, etc, should chat with DocScrutinizer.
- Topics are still due for blog entry.
- Estel_ takes the AI1 for crafting and posting opening blog.
=== Sidebar: Why are we not in #maemo-meeting?
- Future meetings will be held in @maemo-meeting for auto-logging and the like.
- Woody takes AI2 to produce minutes and put them on council blog after review.
- A motion has been made to start the process of “weeding” entries early.
- Concerns are raised and discussed; a compromise of unanimous elimination is reached: The list will be broken into “those still in the running” & “those no longer in the running”.
- Ivgalvez takes AI3 to craft his list first & mail it through for up-ticks from other council.
- All others take AI4 to review this list and reply by Monday so the wiki can be updated.
=== Late arrival: SD69 (pause to catch up on meeting back log & comments)
- Discussions on problems with dangling packages revisited (TMO discussion is on-going)
- Ivgalvez has a list of well tested packages from test-team that needs promoting.
- Ivgalvez takes AI5 to re-contact maintainers to push packages where possible.
- If maintainers are not reachable, one idea would be to take ownership and push.
- The idea of using a common account for ease of recognition and paperwork is agreed on.
- The idea of requiring code review before push is rejected due to lack to resources.
- The idea of enabling a single account to promote/demote any package is discussed.
- The idea of being able to change project ownership from said account is discussed.
- The option of making packages self-promoting after higher karma limits is discussed.
- Woody takes AI6 to chat with X-Fade on Monday about LOE for options discussed.
- Topic of banner for Coding Competition is discussed.
- Woody takes AI7 to contact Reggie about adding banner.
- Topic of IRC cloaks is mentioned. Rolled into Woody’s AI6 for chat with X-Fade.
#Meeting is closed [20:04 UTC].
The next Council meeting will be held June 8th @ 18:00 UTC on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting
- Estel to create and post Council “opening blog”.
- Woody to create and post meeting minutes on blog after internal review.
- Ivgalvez to create list of first-round eliminations for CA
- All review approve/comment/reject first-round eliminations for CA
- Ivgalvez to re-attempt contact with project maintainers before batch re-assign for promotion.
- Woody to contact X-Fade about various topics (project management, promotion, IRC Cloaks)
- Woody to contact Reggie about site banner for Coding Competition.