Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)
Attending: Woody14619, Estel, SD69, Ivgalvez, NielDK, Stskeeps
Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Community Awards – approaching finale
- Quim’s e-mail about Nokia follow-up
- IRC management
- QT-components-10 promotion
- Misc public topics
Topic 1 (CA planning):
- Submissions end Sunday at midnight UTC.
- We placed a self-imposed time limit of June 23rd for deciding winners.
- Coucil should prepare their votes, meeting to be held Tues.
- Email on the topic internaly is welcome as well.
Topic 2 (Quim’s e-mail):
- There is general sadness at the state of things in Nokia.
- There is general happiness that Quim is still on board & keeping in contact.
- There is concern that this may be our “6 month” warning sign.
- Observation of Mer may be a good idea to avoid the same pits they’ve hit.
Topic 3 (IRC management):
>>>SD69 has an emergency & must leave.
- A group account is proposed to “manage problems”.
- The concept is spoken against and rejected.
- The concept of crafting a solid policy is raised.
- Discussion is postponed as Estel drops.
- NielDK takes the action item to look at similar groups policies.
Topic 4 (QT-components-10 promotion):
- There is an issue with package promotion that needs to be addressed.
- TMO post is: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1220864&postcount=16
- Woody takes AI to contact X-Fade, with followup from Ivan if needed.
Topic 5 (Misc public topics):
- Topic for next meeting: Chair responsibilities and speaking for Council
- AI Review: The “first blog” is still not done. Is it needed now?
All: Review CA applications Monday, meeting Tuesday.
NielDK: Find other IRC/op policies for review & collaboration.