Community Council Meeting (June 22, 2012)
Council logs for meeting on June 22nd, 2012
Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)
Attending: Woody14619, SD69, Ivgalvez, NielDK, Stskeeps
Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Package promotion issue update
- CA wrap-up
- OBS status update
- AI followups and misc topics.
Topic 1 (Package promotion issue update)
- It’s confirmed that packages relying on non-free need help promoting.
- Hopes are that this will stop being the case in OBS.
- For now the qt libarary in question will be hand promoted.
- Stskeeps notes that a free package exists similar to the non-free one.
- Woody takes AI to follow up w/ lib maintainer and X-Fade.
- Also, apparently garage creation is hung and not auto-allowing.
- We should change the auto-reply if possible from [email protected]?
Topic 2 (CA Wrap-up)
- All winners have submitted info & stuff is forwarded to Quim.
- FCrochick has donated his device to Coding Competition
- A few people on TMO are crazy…
Topic 3 (OBS status)
- OBS is moving along, including volunteers to document/test OBS when ready.
- Hope is that this can happen soon and work into any migration plans.
Topic 4: (AI and misc)
- All AI from last month are done and/or on-going.
- Thanks to Niel for his collection and work on moderation policy stuff.
Woody: Follow up w/ X-Fade & maintainer about qt-components-10 issue.
Woody: Follow up w/ X-Fade about garage auto-allow.
- Discussion about the future of Maemo, planning, and options.
- How to present options to the community, and steps to be taken.
- Lots of good input, to be resolved off line and prep for presentation next week.