The N900 recently became capable of Packet Injection, and this mean that the popular network security tool Aircrack-ng just became a whole lot more potent. While this means that you can now use your N900 to crack WIFI networks, cracking a WIFI network of someone other than your own can still land you in jail.
Meanwhile FRuMMaGe on the TMO forms has ported his shell script to work on the N900 which automates many of the functions of the aircrack-ng suite, making it much easier and faster than using aircrack-ng directly to compromise WIFI networks. He is also working on a GUI for the script which will make things even more easy.
FRuMMaGe‘s script features:
- Enabling/disabling monitor mode and the package injection drivers.
- Scanning for APs with airodump.
- Fake authentication with aireplay
- Package injection with aireplay
- Decryption with aircrack.
- Changing mac address (depends on macchanger being installed).
As well as WPA specific functions such as:
- Deauthenticating clients (for handshake capturing).
- Bruteforcing with aircrack using wordlists (wordlists not included).
It also is capable of the following functions, but these have not yet been tested extensively since porting:
- Chopchop attack.
- Fragmentation attack.
- Building a custom ARP from results of frag or chopchop.
- Bombarding AP with custom ARP.
PS: As FRuMMaGe put it, ‘Use at your own risk and only for legitimate purposes. (And no, desperately needing to check your facebook while in a local internet café without paying is NOT a legitimate purpose)!’.[Image via Flickr]
- Faster EDGE Performance On The Horizon?
- WiFi Without Routers on Windows XP
- WiFi Without Routers!
- Bluetooth As A Proximity Badge!
- How To Set A Custom Ringtone For Each Contact On The N900