Registration now open for the first MeeGo Conference
Registration for the MeeGo Conference taking place this November in Dublin has opened. Those interested in registering will need to have a meego.com account and fill in the information in the conference registration form. If you would like to request sponsorship of travel and accomodation, check the "Travel assistance" box when registering.
talk.maemo.org gets formal rules/code of conduct
After being overrun with on-topic, but spamming, newbies; trolls and personal attacks; the sub-community of maemo.org frequenting talk.maemo.org has enacted a set of rules, which all members are expected to abide by, lest they suffer "infraction points". “The establishment of these rules has been given much consideration by the talk.maemo.org staff, the Maemo Community Council, and feedback from long-time members, and is designed to foster and promote a healthy, helpful, and professional atmosphere in all of our forums. Anyone posting in the forums should be treated with respect and in a manner which will create an enjoyable experience for all.” At certain infraction point thresholds, temporary and – ultimately – permanent account suspension occurs.
In this edition (Download)…
- Front Page
- Registration now open for the first MeeGo Conference
- talk.maemo.org gets formal rules/code of conduct
- Game Gripper review for better experience playing classic games
- KISStester lists on device installed applications which are in extras testing queue
- Disappearing Contacts plugins
- …and 4 more
- Building Qt debs “the easy way”
- What’s the status of the Maemo licensing change request queue?
- Qt Ambassador Program launches
- Usefulness of Maemo Community Council questioned, and definitively answered
- MeeGo on non-SSSE3 x86 Hardware
- Small update on status of MeeGo-Harmattan (and its N900 “Hacker Edition”)
- QPlaylist – music playlist editor
- Wifi Assistant helps getting online with connections which require browser interactions
- Mobile Firefox roadmap, including next version