Meet the new (Q1 2011) Maemo Community Council!
Last week, the call for candidate declarations for the next term of the Maemo Community Council closed, resulting in five total candidates. Because of this, the idea of foregoing a formal election and issuing a blanket acceptance of these candidates as elected was posed. This situation had been anticipated when the election process was drafted (as was the possibility of getting fewer than the requisite number of candidates); with the aim to ensure there were either three or five members on the Council.
The community response agreed on allowing these candidatess to step into their elected seats without an election. Tim Samoff, announcing the conclusion, introduced the new Council and reminded us “the position of Community Council member is completely voluntary and unpaid. These fine people are serving you, the Maemo Community, in their free time, out of the goodness of their hearts and a passion for what Maemo is and means.” So, please congratulate the five, newly elected Maemo Community Council: RM Bauer, alan bruce, Felipe Crochik, Attila Csipa (aka 'attila77'), and Randall Arnold.
Call for papers for MeeGo Conference gets extended period
The call for papers for the next MeeGo Conference in San Francisco in May 2011 has been extended to Friday March 25th, 2011 at 23:59 Pacific Time (2011-03-26 06:59 UTC): “From application developers to platform designers, hardware vendors to open source enthusiasts, anyone engaged in MeeGo is invited to contribute and participate. Much of this event will be the same as in Dublin. There will be MeeGo Warm-Up events on site the weekend before the conference and there will be lots of time to network and talk (the ever important “hall-way track”).” Be sure to go to the MeeGo Conference website to submit your talk proposal.
In this edition (Download)…
- Front Page
- Meet the new (Q1 2011) Maemo Community Council!
- Call for papers for MeeGo Conference gets extended period
- Use main camera live image as desktop background
- Performance comparison between EDS & Tracker for storing contact data
- Caller ID daemon to use web to find caller
- Launch of meego-central.org app catalogue for MeeGo
- Robin Burchell nominated for Maemo Community Council
- MeeGo Community device programme looking for champions
- Customising N900 keyboard & X Terminal
- In the Wild
- Nokia, Qt and Digia, facts and fiction