Valtteri Halla, MeeGo TSG member, resigns from Nokia
Valtteri Halla, one of the two members of MeeGo's Technical Steering Group, has resigned from Nokia. In a tweet, he said: “Let's say it in plain english: I have resigned from #nokia today but I still have a heart for #meego” What this does to the make-up of the MeeGo TSG is uncertain, as is his next role.
Maemo 5 Community SSU continues apace
The recently launched Maemo 5 Community SSU is continuing to gather contributions, from developers; testers and documentation writers. Now with a changelog (maintained by Christian Ratzenhofer), the project – shepherded by Mohammad Abu-Garbeyyeh, features:
* A number of new desktop transitions;
* Portrait mode support in Application Manager, Settings and the application launcher;
* Bug fixes in hildon-desktop, Modest, X Terminal and more;
* Community patches to Modest to make it better behaved. Although still in its testing phase, future developments will see portrait mode in Modest, File Manager, Backup, Conversations and Notes; orientation locks and anything else to which you can encourage existing developers to contribute.
In this edition (Download)…
- Front Page
- Valtteri Halla, MeeGo TSG member, resigns from Nokia
- Maemo 5 Community SSU continues apace
- Tutorial on uploading apps to Maemo Extras-devel using Qt Creator and Windows
- Hildon-Desktop running on MeeGo IdeaPad
- How to enable multi-touch on MeeGo ARM? (for Samsung Galaxy Tab)
- …and 3 more
- Should the Maemo Community Council manage a “Community Fund”?
- In the Wild
- Nokia and open source – a trial by fire
- Maemo Community Council elections approaching
- New audio player: Someplayer