Cut-down MWKN issue
Apologies for this cut-down issue of MWKN. There are two reasons:
1) Twitter's authentication changes caught us whilst we weren't prepared. The appropriate scripts for news gathering and publishing need updating to use "OAuth".
2) One of your editors is currently enjoying the delights of LegoLand. Next week's issue will contain everything that should have been published here.
Less than a week to declare your candidacy for the Maemo Community Council election
Nominations for the next Maemo Community council will be accepted until 23:59 on Wednesday, 8th September. Nominate yourself, or someone else, soon if you'd like to help steer the transition of the Maemo community to MeeGo. Dave Neary says: “So far, only one person has nominated themselves. We typically get a number of nominations on the last day, but I would encourage people to announce early to avoid the rush. As a tiny extra incentive, I plan to list the candidates in order of their nomination on the voting page this year.” The next 6 months will, perhaps, be the most important in determining the future of both maemo.org and MeeGo. maemo.org will need to figure out where it fits in the picture that MeeGo, MeeGo-Harmattan, and Maemo's legacy position as a community-supported platform. The next council will be in a unique position to help smooth this transition and influence the direction of both the Maemo Community and MeeGo moving forward.
In this edition (Download)…
- Front Page
- Cut-down MWKN issue
- Less than a week to declare your candidacy for the Maemo Community Council election
- Macuco2 is in Extras-testing: use web pages that are optimised for iPhone
- Developing MeeGo Touch Framework apps in Ubuntu
- Cheaper rooms available at MeeGo conference hotel
- Jailbreak your PS3 with Maemo