The MeeGo 1.2 release is now available, well in time for the MeeGo Conference that kicks off on Monday. This update promises to provide a solid baseline for device vendors and developers to start creating software for various device categories on Intel Atom and ARMv7 architectures.
(N900 MeeGo 1.2 DE, Boot Splash)
If you are looking to for an update for your N900, then there is good news. While there are vanilla MeeGo 1.2 images available for the N900, it’ll make much more sense for you to try the N900 Developer Edition release that has additional applications, contributions and fixes.
While the final release will happen at the MeeGo Conference, you can still try the final release candidate here. If you are attending the MeeGo Conference, then make sure to attend the N900 MeeGo 1.2 DE Session. If you are not, you can still catch the live streaming of this session on May 25, 9:50 AM San Francisco time.
Back to the general MeeGo 1.2 release, on the UX and MeeGo SDK front we now have:
- Netbook UX 1.2 complete set of core applications for netbooks.
- In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) UX 1.2.
- Tablet Developer Preview.
- MeeGo SDK 1.2 for MeeGo Core OS and supported UXs.
Make sure to check out the post on MeeGo.com for more details. MeeGo development continues forward on a six-month cadence, so you can expect MeeGo 1.3 to be released in October, 2011.
- MeeGo 1.0 Running On A Netbook & Other Devices At IDF 2010
- MeeGo Gets A Second Conference: May 23-25 In San Francisco
- LG To Show Off Prototype Devices At Next Month’s MeeGo Conference
- Live From The MeeGo Conference
- Registrations For The MeeGo Conference In May Now Open