Upcoming Maemo Community Council and Hildon Foundation board member elections
Craig Woodward, current chair of the Community Council, has announced that the council will be curtailing their term (slightly) to have an election
“While it's been just over 5 months, the current Council feels that due to timing considerations the next Community Council elections are due at this time. […] This year there are two elections to be run in parallel.”
“COUNCIL MEMBERS – The council is a body of volunteers taken from the Maemo community that acts as a focal point for the community. […] The role of Council will continue to be as it was before, as a group to work with the Community, and act as a focal point for communication with group in charge of services needed by the community to continue, whomever that turns out to be.”
“BOARD MEMBERS- Due to Nokia's state, its funding for maemo.org in 2013 is uncertain. The community is working on bylaws for a new legal entity (currently with the working title “Hildon Foundation”) that can legally inherit the domain name or have donations (monetary, hardware and/or data) from Nokia.”
Obviously both elected groups will have to work closely together, and the creation of the “Hildon Foundation” will fundamentally change the nature of maemo.org. They are, therefore, crucial elections to follow and participate in (whether by questioning candidates, nominating people, standing yourself, or just plain voting).
Nominations open from next Saturday (15th September) and run for two weeks.
There is more discussion on the TMO thread linked to from the bottom of the blog post.
Videos and slides from Devaamo Hack Day
Videos of the presentations given at the weekend's Devaamo “Hack Day” have been posted. The event had
“The response on Twitter was positive, so those with interest in seeing more about Mer, Nemo Mobile or Jolla should watch.”
In this edition (Download)…
- Front Page
- Upcoming Maemo Community Council and Hildon Foundation board member elections
- Videos and slides from Devaamo Hack Day
- Easy Chroot/Debian for Harmattan
- Setting up a development target for Nemo Mobile and Mer development
- Assistance available for those interested in porting Qt apps to BlackBerry & BB10
- Meeting between Nemein and Community Council about maemo.org handover
- Leaked Nokia “Lauta” shows keyboarded version of N9 – i.e. production version of N950
- In the Wild
- “Unique” Lumia apps already existed in MeeGo
- Nokia apologise for “confusion” caused by new adverts being “not shot with a Lumia 920″