Draft bylaws for non-profit entity to take over Maemo infrastructure
In a proposal on the Maemo Community mailing list, RM Bauer details a draft bylaw to change the maemo.org infrastructure that is currently provided by Nokia to a non-profit entity possibly to be named the Hildon Foundation. “In order to continue the community at www.maemo.org in the future, it will be necessary to migrate much of the infrastructure and associated elements to a new site and to establish a separate entity for that purpose. See generally http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84933. The attached bylaws are proposed for discussion. Please note that this is primarily a legal document and this is not the appropriate place to discuss many of the issues associated with the actual migration of the community.” Time will tell how the idea is received and how the obstacles will be navigated.
In this edition (Download)…
- Front Page
- Draft bylaws for non-profit entity to take over Maemo infrastructure
- Open source video editor for Harmattan from Collabora
- Unlocking landscape use of Harmattan built-in apps
- Enable traffic updates in N9 Drive app
- New version of Shutdown compatible with N9 PR1.3 now available
- Harmattan repository for open-mode/Inception-requiring packages
- How should the community around Jolla look?
- Nokia officially announces PR1.3 for N9
- In the Wild
- Interview with Jussi Hurmola, CEO of Jolla