MeeGo and Harmattan: Clearing a path
One of your editors, Ryan Abel has started the conversation about what's necessary to ensure the N9/Harmattan and MeeGo communities work together: “The lack of interesting devices shipping MeeGo is currently the platform's biggest problem. Despite the technical differences between MeeGo and Harmattan, leveraging the N9, its users, and its developers is likely to play an important part in determining future success for MeeGo. If Nokia's plans for MeeGo end with the N9, we want to retain as many of those users and developers as we can when they decide to buy new devices. So capturing them early and ensuring they're welcome in MeeGo.com is important.” Discussion is trying to capture the obstacles and differences between Harmattan and MeeGo proper, to ensure a seamless adoption of MeeGo for developers enticed by N9.
In this edition (Download)…
- Front Page
- MeeGo and Harmattan: Clearing a path
- Community apps’ repositories on Nokia N9 and other MeeGo devices
- Qt SDK, Harmattan, Scratchbox and autobuilders
- Release schedule for MeeGo 1.3 finalised
- Icon generator for Harmattan
- Using Scratchbox with Qt Creator for faster Harmatan development
- “MeeGo Pong” (re)naming competition winner!
- Additional features for MeeGo forum?
- Should talk.maemo.org have Nokia N9 sub-forum?
- Update on Nokia N950 Developer Device Programme
- Hot Summer release for MeeGo 1.2 Community Edition for N900
- WhoAreYou? – facial recognition