Nokia Conversations has just published a post titled, ‘Future devices and innovation at Nokia‘. Along side is a picture of curtains, awaiting a grand reveal. The post itself is brilliant, says nothing about a particular device, yet says quite a lot. Its a tease, but one which you will only be able to follow if you are already familiar with the N9/N950 leaked teaser video which has since been taken down (but you can still find screenshots here).
I recommend you read it, but if you’re in a hurry here are the real teasers.
“Just a couple of days ago, a whole fresh crop appeared on a number of websites regarding a new mystery device. But it should be no surprise that new things are in the wings somewhere…”
- Obvious reference to the device rumored to be the N9/N950.
“… At the moment, of course, our technology is far from natural. There’s nothing natural about icons and drop-down lists and tickboxes. It would probably be better if you could just swipe through your apps, wouldn’t it?”
- Swipes. That’s what Nokia’s MeeGo UI will play by.
“But the possibilities are endless… and very exciting. We can’t wait to show you more – maybe a sneak peek at “Jessie’s Girl” – in the weeks to come”.
- ‘Jessie’s Girl’. That was the exact Rick Springfield soundtrack for the teaser that leaked.
So there you have it, the device is coming in the ‘weeks to come’ and it’ll run Nokia’s very own UI based on the idea of swipes. But the ‘weeks to come’ part means that a we are possibly looking at June as the time of announcement, which means we probably won’t be seeing it at the MeeGo Conference starting next week in San Francisco.
[Update] I just saw that Jay at My Nokia Blog too has a similar post up, where they’re speculating about Nokia’s New Sense message. Remember, ‘See, Hear New, Feel New’ from the old Nseries days, all of them were senses.
Image credit: Wootang01
- 15 Screenshots From The Leaked Nokia N9 Teaser Reveal A Few Details
- MeeGo Gets A Second Conference: May 23-25 In San Francisco
- Video Demo Of MeeGo For Handsets – An Installable Version For The N900 Is Available
- The Nokia N86 Leaked – By Nokia Itself
- Huge: Nokia's Maemo & Intel's Moblin Combine To Become Meego