Its rare that I review someone else’s theme work because I rarely uses someone else’s themes. As I am sure most of theme designers use one of there themes. I did how ever notice when D-Iivil released his Plastic Theme that came with a settings page to change some things around. I though man that would be cool to have on my themes because I’m always getting people asking me to tweek certain font colors or sizes, remove icon backgrounds and many other things. In the past I stayed away from making several versions of my themes to make these people happy.
I talked to D-Iivil once about making a Scheme for the Plastic Theme that looked like maemo-org theme but used his settings window. Soon after that I took a break for Maemoand theming. I just recently got started back up and I saw his new Theme Customizer that does what the Plastic Theme did plus more. I was so excited I installed it right away and started playing with some of my themes. I even used this to fix a bug on one of my unreleased themes that caused text to be unreadable do to font color.
This application really is one everyone needs on there N900. Check out the Screenshot and Features List below then check out the t.m.o thread here
Here is a list of things you can change using Theme Customizer
- change system font family
– change system font size
– change font colors
– save, load and delete color presets
– change icon theme
– change application shortcut sizes at homescreen
– show or hide the backgrounds for application shortcuts at homescreen
– change web bookmarks sizes at homescreen
– adjust snap to grid value at homescreen
– import .ttf and .otf fonts to be used with the device
– change opacity of built-in homescreen widgets
– change background image for clock, app manager, lockscreen and media player