MeeGo Devices is where Nokia builds mobile computers on Linux. We build leading-edge devices by combining the most powerful hardware and the best open source software technologies. Our ambition is to deliver a superior user experience dedicated for mobile computers with large touch-screens that fit into your pocket. Using agile development methods and engaging with open source communities define our new way of working. Our latest product is the Nokia N900 – a high-performance mobile computer with powerful multitasking capabilities, fantastic web browser, and a rich media experience. Get to know everything about MeeGo at http://www.meego.com
The Connectivity team is responsible for the integration, implementation and verification of Connectivity functionality (IP, WLAN, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.) to the MeeGo platform. We are now looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the team. Based in Helsinki, Finland, you will be focusing on development of Internet Connectivity related functionality on MeeGo devices.
To seize this exciting opportunity, we expect you to have the following:
- More than 5 years of Linux programming experience using C/C++ with solid knowledge on Linux system architecture. Qt programming experience would be a plus.
- Working with open source software and communities is a second nature to you and you have concrete evidence to show for it e.g. through code contributions.
- Software development experience in Internet Connection management and IP technologies (DHCP, IP, IPv6, DNS, iptables etc.). Good knowledge in LTE would be a plus.
- Good communication and team work skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- A genuine interest to be a big part of MeeGo and the creation of world’s best mobile devices based on it
To learn more about MeeGo and why we feel so passionate about it, take a look at these sites:
To seize all job opportunities at MeeGo Devices at Nokia, visit www.tinyurl.com/nnt34l