MeeGo Devices is where Nokia builds mobile computers on Linux. We build leading-edge devices by combining the most powerful hardware and the best open source software technologies. Our ambition is to deliver a superior user experience dedicated for mobile computers with large touch-screens that fit into your pocket. Using agile development methods and engaging with open source communities define our new way of working. Our latest product is the Nokia N900 – a high-performance mobile computer with powerful multitasking capabilities, fantastic web browser, and a rich media experience. Get to know everything about MeeGo at http://www.meego.com
We are looking for an experienced API Architect to join our team that creates developer platform for MeeGo devices and applications. We use tools and components from various open source pools, enhance these components ourselves and in co-operation with open source development projects. These tools and components are integrated into a public developer platform offering. The work is done in tight co-operation with related R&D and integration teams.
In the role of API Architect you are responsible of technical steering and design of APIs that will form MeeGo API offering for 3rd party application developers. API architecture work is carried out in collaboration with other architects working in different teams in Nokia or in open source projects in MeeGo.
- 8+ years experience of SW development and minimum of 3 years experience of architecture work
- SW architecture design
- Specification, development and quality assurance of software components
- Very strong in embedded systems and Linux OS
- C/C++ and Qt
- OpenGL and OpenGL ES
- Open Source Software experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent and self directed. A positive, “can do” attitude
- Team player with an ability to clearly express his/her own, fact based views and proposals, as well as being able to listen and take opinions of others into account.
Apply online to this position http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10120/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=691666
To learn more about MeeGo and why we feel so passionate about it, take a look at these sites:
To seize all job opportunities at MeeGo Devices at Nokia, visit www.tinyurl.com/nnt34l