MeeGo Devices is where Nokia builds mobile computers on Linux. We build leading-edge devices by combining the most powerful hardware and the best open source software technologies. Our ambition is to deliver a superior user experience dedicated for mobile computers with large touch-screens that fit into your pocket. Using agile development methods and engaging with open source communities define our new way of working. Our latest product is the Nokia N900 – a high-performance mobile computer with powerful multitasking capabilities, fantastic web browser, and a rich media experience. Get to know everything about MeeGo at http://www.meego.com
MeeGo Devices organization builds a software platform product for Nokia devices. The platform is based on Linux and other open source components combined with commercial and internally developed software components. The initial software stack is composed from the current Linux based Maemo stack, and from Qt components. The ready software platform product combines cellular connectivity, middleware, and user interface elements on top of the current assets.
This position belongs to MeeGo Devices, System Analysis and Optimization team. The responsibility of the team is to provide tools, analyses, expertise and specific optimizations to let hw and sw architecture as well as implementation teams to work towards that goal.
Preferably you are able to work on broad area of HW and SW landscape. Specific technology responsibility area(s) will be based on your individual skills and interests.
- Analyze and measure SW performance
- Propose solutions for identified problem areas based on analysis results
- Define and implement tools for measuring performance
- Contribute to performance use case creation
- Active contribution to key performance issues
- Collaborate and communicate with other stakeholders
- Extensive software architecture, technology expertise and experience
- Ability and willingness to attack new SW areas and analyze performance related issues
- Extensive understanding of Linux/OSS software and ecosystem
- Fluent with C/C++; knowing perl, python or Unix shell is a must
- Understanding of the system hardware issues and its impact on software is a must
- Communication skills to share findings and collaborate with other stakeholders
- Experience with meego.com, maemo.org or Qt technology is a bonus
- Tolerance for change
Apply online to this position http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10120/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=730846
To learn more about MeeGo and why we feel so passionate about it, take a look at these sites: www.maemo.nokia.com
To seize all job opportunities at MeeGo Devices at Nokia, visit www.tinyurl.com/nnt34l