Previously in this space we saw how the bright future of Epiphany looked like, and vague promises about incremental steps towards it were done. A month later, Epiphany 3.3.4 is out there , so let’s see how well we’ve done. There’s a lot of new stuff here, so let’s go step by step.
After the daily reports written by Diego in his blog , few more things can be told about the WebKitGTK+ hackfest hosted at the Igalia offices last week, but I’d like to comment anyway some impressions from my personal point of view, if you don’t mind reading them. First of all, this was the second time I attended to this hackfest (I “kind of” attended last year hackfest as well) but now things were pretty different for me, basically because one year ago I was not part of the Igalia WebKit team yet, hence my contributions in the hackfest were pretty small (see my post back then for more details)
Do you remember this comment ? Well, I took the challenge, and it has been hard to accomplish.
Haven’t blogged about the hackfest since the day zero (although others have done a great job ), but I guess I have a good excuse since we have been working all day every day, no time for blogging! A lot of progress was made in many areas, but I can try to give a brief summary: Gustavo and myself focused on fixing the form password saving regression during the first days. We wrote the basic code to hook into the webviews using JSC, store the auth data in the keyring, and refactored the Epiphany codebase a bit to be able to show infobars with the available options when submitting a form, like most browsers do. I know this was one of the most painful shortcomings of the browser for a lot of people, so I’m happy to put it behind us